5 Things You Must Know About Same Sex Marriage Immigration
1. Hundreds of same sex couples filed for green cards through marriage before the groundbreaking 2013 US Supreme Court decision in Windsor. Good news: the Immigration Service is reviewing cases filed since early 2011 and reopening prior denials.
2. More good news: Same Sex couples who filed in the last 3 months are already being called in for interviews for green cards. Approvals have already been issued on petitions.
3. Immigration will adjudicate green cards based on gay marriages in any state or country where a jurisdiction recognizes them.
4. The process is being treated the same as “opposite sex” marriages. Of course, this means that Immigration will interview couples about the validity of their relationships, just like any others.
5. For those to whom it may apply, questions may arise about divorces from earlier marriages. Be aware about skeptics. Consider a psychological evaluation about bisexual tendencies.
Think about all of the above 5 Things You Must Know About Same Sex Marriage Immigration, carefully.
You really need to consult with the best immigration attorney regarding emerging issues on same sex marriage immigration.