Immigration Problems: 5 Things You Never Do to Solve Them
What do you really need?
If the immigration problems you face are “impossible,” don’t get discouraged.
Find the answers
1 Don’t Google them yourself
2 Don’t look for a “full service” lawyer (one who does accidents, bankruptcy, criminal defense, divorce, and immigration too)
3 Be careful with law firms that market to an ethnic audience – they may speak a certain language but are they experts about your immigration problems?
4 Don’t go to a notary or travel agent or some other person without a license to practice law
5 Don’t believe anyone who gives you a guarantee
What should you do instead?
- Seek an experienced “immigration only” firm
- Look for an office that has multiple attorneys dedicated solely to fixing immigration problems
- Find out how responsive they are – read reviews about how they deal with immigration problems
- Check out their credentials, awards, and name in the industry
- Seek out the best immigration lawyers
- Meet with them in person or schedule a long conference call – nobody can solve immigration problems in a 5 or 10 minute phone conversation
- Be careful of free immigration consultations – you get what you pay for!
- Don’t be afraid to ask about their experience in particular cases like yours
- Don’t be afraid to ask anything!
A dedicated firm, of experienced immigration lawyers, is a valuable commodity.
The team is like a medical group – specialists who patients travel hours to see – when they are sick and others say there is no cure.
In recent years too many lawyers have begun taking immigration cases as a “side project.”
But this is your life.
And these are your immigration problems.
“Well, you get up every morning and you see, it’s still the same
All the floors and all the walls and all the rest remains
You’d better grab a hold of something, simple but it’s true
These are your important years
You’d better make them last” – Husker Du
Use your common sense.
Use your intuition.
Use it or lose it.