Immigration Attorney Harlan York is Former Chair of the Immigration Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. Mr. York formerly served as Co-Chair, New York State Bar Association CFLS Committee on Immigration.
Best Lawyers, the most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, named Harlan York as the “Immigration Lawyer of the Year” for 2012 in the State of New Jersey.
Mr. York has appeared on national television on CBS This Morning with Charlie Rose and Primer Impacto on Univision, as well as speaking on a host of immigration issues on Telemundo, NBC, and PBS.
Mr. York notes among his most memorable cases:
- Visa petitions for winners of Emmys, Grammys and Olympic Medals
- Winning deportation cases for immigrants whose children have special needs
- Representation of pro and amateur athletes with their green card applications
- Assisting victims of violence who suffered at the hands of both foreign and domestic aggressors
- Arguing that immigrants with crimes should be allowed to remain in the U.S. upon proving rehabilitation and hardship to their American spouses and children
- Countless successful appeals before federal and administrative courts on issues regarding waivers of removal and political asylum
- Preparing applications for companies sponsoring immigrants in industries ranging from restaurants to construction to agriculture, to academic institutions and research labs
He frequently lectures on Immigration Law, including at Columbia, New York and Rutgers Law Schools. He is a well-known speaker at events sponsored by the New Jersey State Bar Foundation and Federal Bar Association. Mr. York was also a Judge at the American Mock Trial Tournament at Yale University. His highly rated Lawline.com Lecture Series is available for attorneys, law students and the public to study online for free.
Mr. York is moderating panels for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, on the topics of “Protecting Immigrant Victims of Violence ” and “Immigration and Crime.”
A graduate of Choate Rosemary Hall, the State University of New York at Albany and the Tulane Law School, Mr. York is fluent in Spanish. He is admitted to courts in New Jersey and Connecticut and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. York coached youth soccer for many years and is a Certified Women’s Self-Defense Instructor.
Harlan York regularly posts relevant news and information about trending immigration law topics on his immigration law blog
connect with Harlan York on Google +