- As of this writing, more than 360,000 people await a hearing before an Immigration Judge.
- Tens of Thousands more will be added to the list by the end of the year based on current data.
- There are a number of reasons why these immigrants need a deportation lawyer.
- By “deportation lawyer,” I mean an immigration attorney well versed in removal defense with a great deal of experience in Immigration Court proceedings.
All the better if you seek out a deportation lawyer team led by an attorney with a track record of success.
More brains and more strategy.
A greater likelihood of victory.
Here are 5 Signs You Should Invest In a Deportation Lawyer:
1. Service with a Notice to Appear in Removal Proceedings.
This is the Immigration equivalent of an indictment in a criminal case. It is arguably the most frightening document that an immigrant can receive, other than an actual order of removal. It also means that the first thing you need to do is find a top deportation lawyer.
2. Detention by United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
When an immigrant is detained by ICE, he will typically be summoned to appear before the United States Immigration Court. The Immigration Judge will always advise that counsel be sought with a deportation lawyer.
3. Apprehension by Bureau of Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
Arrival at a border, when by air, sea, or land may cause CBP to start an inspection. This process generally includes a Question-and-Answer meeting. The answers often result in a required appearance in Immigration Court. Again, time to look for the best deportation lawyer you can locate.
4, Denial of Lawful Permanent Residence Application.
Frequently, when the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services deny a green card application, for any number of reasons, the next paperwork to arrive is a Notice to Appear. Once more, the significance of your need to search for a superior deportation lawyer to examine your options.
5. Conviction for a Crime.
If you are an immigrant who has been found guilty of a felony or misdemeanor, be aware that this conviction may trigger a call to ICE. It does not matter if the crime carries no jail time or if you have held a green card for decades. Bottom line: a deportation lawyer may be your new best friend.
The goal of any dedicated deportation lawyer team is to stop removal.
Sounds simple enough but these cases can be quite complex.
Investment in legal services may save your life.