When you have an immigration problem, common sense dictates that you want to find the best lawyer you can to solve it.
Here are 6 Ways to Tell Who Is the Best Immigration Lawyer:
- Ratings Among Peers. There are many peer ratings surveys. Best Lawyers. Super Lawyers. Martindale Hubbell. Lawyers.com. All of these sources are valid. A high rating in many of them can tell you a lot. But they only tell part of the story.
- What Clients Say. See Google. Look at Avvo. Read right on the firm’s website. Reviews by clients also help you get a sense of the immigration attorney’s approach. Not simply the quantity of reviews but the actual words written.
- Proven Knowledge of Law. Can you be sure that the immigration lawyers know their work? One way is to look at their record of lecturing and writing on sophisticated legal topics.
- Experience in the Field. Here, I would suggest that years are important but also how many hours spent in one’s endeavor. The often cited “10,000-Hour Rule,” made famous by Malcolm Gladwell, posits that success is based largely on practice of a specific task for 10,000 hours.
- Team vs. Solo. A strong one-attorney practice can be very effective. Still, a team of immigration lawyers may just give you an advantage of strategies being shared to get the best outcome.
- Availability. Can you reach the law firm via email 7 days a week? Will you be able to count on them to reply to you by phone within 24 hours?
The above criteria just might make a difference in your life. A huge difference.