Listed in both Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers, Harlan York is Former Immigration Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
For fifteen years, Mr. York has practiced exclusively in the area of immigration law.
Mr. York notes among his most memorable cases:
- Visa petitions for winners of Emmys and Grammys
- Winning deportation cases for immigrants whose children have special needs
- Successfully preparing applications for American companies sponsoring immigrants in industries ranging from restaurants to construction to agriculture, to academic institutions and research laboratories
- Representation of pro and amateur athletes in Hockey, Football, Mixed Martial Arts, Soccer, Wrestling, and Swimming, with their green card applications
- Prevailing in cases in which Immigration attempted to deport victims of severe assaults in their home countries
- Arguing that longtime lawful permanent residents with crimes on their records should be allowed an opportunity to remain in the United States upon proving personal rehabilitation as well as hardship to their American spouses and children
- A multitude of successful appeals before a host of federal and administrative courts on issues regarding waivers of removal and political asylum
Mr. York has lectured on a variety of topics for the Federal Bar Association, the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, and ILW.com. He has made numerous tv appearances on WNBC, NJN, as well as a host of other electronic and print media.
A graduate of Choate Rosemary Hall, the State University of New York at Albany and the Tulane Law School, Mr. York is fluent in Spanish.