Marriage and Family Based Immigration
There has never been a better time to get your spouse a green card. Whether your husband or wife is outside the United States or already stateside, we are here to help.
If you are an immigrant or a US citizen, you don’t need to be afraid.
We’ve been helping immigrants become green card holders and US citizens for a quarter-century. We stay current on all the daily changes to immigration law and have a history of solving complicated immigration issues.
DO YOU NEED A LAWYER TO HELP YOU?
If you want a secure, positive outcome, then the answer is yes. Immigration rules change all the time, and our five attorney team is on the cutting edge of these changes and the opportunities available to immigrants.
There are all kinds of different options for marriage and family-based immigration. There has never been a better time to get your paperwork prepared and in order.
How long will you wait to get your spouse into a lawful, permanent status? If you want to read more about the lawyer’s role in getting a marriage-based green card, click here.
MARRIAGE AND FAMILY-BASED IMMIGRATION OPTIONS
- Marriage based green card (this also applies for same-sex marriages )
- 601-A provisional waiver for spouse or children of US citizen
- K-1 visas for fiancee
- K-2 visas for children
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A MARRIAGE-BASED GREEN CARD
- You must be legally married (if you are not, we may be able to help you with a K visa for fiancees).
- The Immigration Service will check to make sure your relationship is real. Immigration has always scrutinized marriage cases to stop fraud.
- Domestic partnerships and civil unions aren’t recognized as marriage under federal law, so you won’t qualify for a marriage green card unless you’re officially married.
- Polygamy is not legally recognized in the United States. Even if legal in your country, it will not be upheld in the US.
WHAT ARE THE SPONSORSHIP REQUIREMENTS FOR THE US CITIZEN WHO IS BRINGING IN A SPOUSE OR FAMILY?
- The sponsor must be age 18 or older.
- The sponsor will need to file an affidavit of support pledging to provide for their spouse.
- The sponsor must prove that they have the means to support their spouse (or family). If they cannot prove this, they may get a joint sponsor to help.
Harlan York & Associates practices law in the areas of Immigration, Deportation Defense, Family Immigration, Corporate Immigration, Naturalization throughout Essex County – Hudson County – Morris County – Passaic County – Somerset County – Middlesex County – Bergen County – New Jersey -Immigration Lawyer – NJ Immigration Lawyer – Jersey City-Newark-Paterson Passaic Elizabeth Edison Woodbridge Toms River Hamilton Trenton Camden Clifton Passaic Garfield Wallington Cherry Hill East Orange Passaic Union City Bayonne Irvington Old Bridge Lakewood North Bergen Vineland Union Wayne Parsippany-Troy Hills New Brunswick Plainfield Bloomfield Perth Amboy East Brunswick West New York West Orange Hackensack Atlantic City Kearny Mount Laurel Montclair Essex Hoboken North Brunswick Belleville. In addition to serving clients in New York, Pennsylvania, the greater United States, and Internationally.
View Our Clients
The freedom we win our clients has earned us excellent reviews and testimonials.
Our Immigration Lawyers help thousands of clients avoid deportation, get their green cards and become US citizens. See what our clients and colleagues have to say about how Harlan York & Associates helped them with their case.
Contact Our Immigration Lawyers Now
Se Habla Español
Nós Falamos Português
View Our Ratings
Exceptional Service Has Earned Us Exceptional Recognition.
Our immigration law firm has earned the highest ratings in Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, US News and World Report, Avvo, and Martindale-Hubbell.
Lawyer of the Year
Best Law Firm