The Most Important Review of Immigration Attorneys You Will Ever Read
You need to know.
What should you look for in your immigration lawyer?
The purpose of this article, the Most Important Review of Immigration Attorneys you will ever read, is to ensure that:
(a) you will be happy with legal services and
(b) your chances of winning a case are maximized.
Here are 7 factors to look at, in reviewing immigration attorneys:
- Firm structure. Is there only one lawyer? Or are there several attorneys available to deal with legal issues?
- Phone call practice. Can you rely on a return message within 24 hours? Or are you stuck waiting for days?
- Email practice. Does your immigration lawyer reply to your emails? How long does he or she take to respond? Do you feel satisfied with the firm’s responsiveness?
- Knowledge of the law. When you discuss your case, how well can the lawyer explain things? Is that attorney capable of handling your matter?
- Focus on immigration. Does your attorney have an immigration law practice, exclusively? Or does he or she concentrate only a percentage of the time on immigration, while also taking on cases outside of the field?
- Effort. Is the lawyer working hard on your case? Are the office doors open to you, to have a conference about how things are going?
- Billing. Almost all immigration attorneys quote flat fees. That is industry standard. The real question: What are you getting for your money? Do you feel satisfied with all of the above factors?
You need to be thinking about all of these items.
Often, you have only one chance to get the job done right.
The best immigration lawyers always think about the best ways to help their clients.
Consider all of these matters.